- Pre-elementary pupils are rated based on their academic performance and behavior with the following letter symbols:
O (Outstanding) 90% and up VS (Very Satisfactory) 85% – 89% S (Satisfactory) 80% – 84 % I (Improving but not yet Satisfactory) 75% – 79% NI (Needs Improvement) 74% and below
K to 12 CURRICULUM
- Beginning school year 2012-2013, the following levels of proficiency will be adopted in the Elementary and High School Departments under the K-12 Curriculum in compliance with the Department of Education Orders 31 & 73, Series of 2012:
- A (Advanced) – exceeds the core requirements in terms of knowledge, skills and understandings, and can transfer them automatically and flexibly through authentic performance tasks. Numerical equivalent is 90% and above
- P (Proficient) – developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings, and can transfer them independently through authentic performance tasks. Numerical equivalent is between 85% and 89.99%
- AP (Approaching Proficiency) – developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and, with little guidance from the teacher and/or with some assistance from peers, can transfer these understandings through authentic performance tasks. Numerical equivalent is between 80% and 84.99%
- D (Developing) – possesses the minimum knowledge and skills and core understandings, but needs help throughout the performance of authentic tasks. Numerical equivalent is between 75% and 79.99%.
- B (Beginning) – struggles with his/her understanding; prerequisite and fundamental knowledge and/or skills have not been acquired or developed adequately to aid understanding. Numerical equivalent is below 75%.
- For the Elementary Department under the old 2002 (BEC) Basic Education Curriculum / (RBEC) Revised Basic Education Curriculum, San Lorenzo School uses AVERAGING as its grading system in the elementary level wherein each grading period is given an equal weight of 25%.
HIGH SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
- For the high school department under the old 2002 (RSEC) Refined Secondary Education Curriculum, the school implements the CUMULATIVE grading system. With this system, the grades for the last three grading periods are computed in a 30% and 70% basis and the final rating is the same as the fourth quarterly period grade.